The different rooms of your California house require great attention as to the paint’s color. One color might suit a particular room in the house but will not be a very good sight in another room. That is why people who want to paint their house should have proper knowledge and experience in painting.
If you want a living room makeover, then you will need good painting ideas. Check out these living room painting ideas:
1. First and foremost, you need to choose the color scheme to be used in your living room. This means that you have to choose the paint colors for your doors, walls, accessories, trims, and other accents.
2. Base your color scheme on the living room’s largest furniture, the room’s focal point, height of your ceiling, the lighting, how the room is to be used, the room’s size, and the feeling that you want to create whenever you’re inside the living room.
3. After that, it’s now time to focus in choosing the paint finish because this can alter the feeling that you want to create. If your walls have minor imperfections, choose a paint finish that’s matte or flat because it doesn’t shine. This kind of finish also offers effective stain resistance.
4. For your doors, trims, and other architectural details, highlight them with a gloss finish by using semi-gloss or satin finish. It would be easier to clean these areas because of the texture’s smoothness and the wall’s sheen.
5. For the walls of your living room, you can use paints which are water-based or latex, but for your windows and doors, use acrylic paint.
6. Some color and types of paint require more that one coat application, so you should take that into account. One gallon of paint usually covers about 400 sq feet.
With a little creativity and hard work, you can turn your living room in to a masterpiece of your own creation. Your guests will be awed once they visit your house and see your living room.